Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And the adventure continues...















Last Friday, the last of our passports came. We can 'really' leave the country now! Yesterday, I bought the plane tickets. It was a crazy feeling to click on that button to buy those tickets. We are really going! I have been reading my guide books and have been getting pretty excited. There are so many amazing things to see!

I thought I might share my current list of must see sights in Italy (mostly based on my location):
1. Ancient Rome (Colosseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon, and Appian Way with Catacombs)
2. Vatican City (St. Peter's Square and Bascilca, Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel)
3. General Roman-ness (Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, Villa Borghese, and of course some shopping thrown in there)
4. Venice (after reading about it...it has become a MUST see for me...2 words...Venetian Glass!)
5. Pisa (much more than just a leaning tower)
6. Siena
7. A ferry ride to Sardina (Not too sure what is there, but the ferry ride sounds like fun)
8. A soccer game in Italy (as a sports fan...could that be more exciting?)
9. A wine tour in Tuscany
10. Everyday life in small town/village Italy!

Anyone want to add to my list?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yes, eating lots of really good Italian food!
    ~Jennie K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send a postcard (or six) to friends in the Midwest =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember you have only six months or so!!! :)

    ReplyDelete