Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Leprachaun's Day...

Or to everyone besides my kids, Happy St. Patrick's Day (one day late)! I love this fun green day! My kids love the leprachauns and dressing up like them! So here are the goods...the not so little leprachauns...

Clayton is the BEST leprachaun...if only he came with a pot of gold...



I love that he is so game for crazy things...this moustache just cracks me up...so here is ANOTHER pic of him...



And Gwen found the crown in the box...she was in 7th heaven...and a princess to boot...



In addition to dressing like leprachauns, we brought treats to Case's class (his birthday is in August and so we celebrated on St. Patrick's day). I made some super cool treats...rainbow cupcakes! They turned out awesome, but they took a LONG time to put together! White cake...six different colors...each cupcake...whipped cream cloud-like icing...a bunch of happy kids!

This year dinner was extra specially good...don't mind me patting myself on the back! But last year it wasn't bad, but wasn't super delicious either (I choose to chaulk it up to getting ready to leave the country and NOT to by lack of cooking skills). This year...I hit the jackpot! I used baby new potatoes...they cook faster and hold together fabulously...plus I don't have to peel them! Then I added some carrots to the pot...great addition...great color, taste, and the kids LOVE them! That added to the cabbage and the corned beef...all in one pot...boil practically all day...YUM!

Have a happy green day!
Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment