Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pienza...

After all this time, I decided you might actually want to see what the Tuscan countryside looks like. Here are some pics from around the small hill town of Pienza...

And another one...

The main Piazza in Pienza...

And of course the day wouldn't be complete without our gelato...

That was the last portion of our last drive through Tuscany...it was great, but sad. I have certainly been enjoying my time here.

This past weekend was a little longer than usual for us and we took advantage of it and took a vacation through the Alps! We visited northern Italy, Austria, the very southern end of Germany, Leichtenstein, Switzerland, and back to northern Italy. Amazing country! And I do have to say, much cooler! We have offically hit summer weather here and I have to admit...I was not made for Italian summers! I am glad that we are leaving in a week...an action packed last week, but it will be good to be home again.

Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment