Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our House...

So here are some pictures of our lovely abode...or casa as the case may be. One thing of note, in the towns that we have been, in each and every yard/house has a very elaborate fence and gate. They are fascinating...they are no two alike and I can't seem to figure out if they are for security or for design. They can be constructed out of just about anything, but most have some combination of brick/rock and iron. Here is a look at the front of our house with our gate and fence...


Just inside the gate is my lovely gardens that are just waiting for plants. Our landlady mentioned that the local market (tomorrow) sells cheap plants (just in case they die, she said). I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt. The plants in the foreground are rose bushes...looks like I have a pink, red and white one so far...

This is our entryway...



The kitchen...notice the fish on the tiles!


The dining room or eat in kitchen (we have a second eating area with a more elaborate table and chairs)...



This is what we are calling the living room (this is also where the nicer dining table is) because of these comfy chairs and the tv. This is also where all of my fabulous blogs are coming from! Notice on the windows...ALL windows here have these shutter/sun shade things...I really like them! They keep it really cool in the house all day long. The windows also all have iron work on the outside...again, is this for security or just for looks??? We have seriously lucked out with this house...it has screens on the windows! Boy, God sure does provide! I was bitten by some bug last week on the ear and I, again, had a crazy allergic reaction...my ear swelled up and got red and icthy...I was even losing some hearing! Thankfully, Tobin was able to go to the Farmacia (pharmacy) and get something with anti-histamine...it worked great...maybe I will bring some home with me! Anyway, I am super thankful for bug screens!



This is our master bedroom...Don't you just LOVE our new sheets???? The house came furnished except for bedding and towels...so these beauties are all ours! They will fit in a suitcase! Also notice my pile of clean, line dried, and folded clothing! Go me...



We have a second bedroom where the kids were all sleeping when I took all these pics. I might be able to give you a video tour at some point... I hope that you enjoyed your virtual tour...if anyone is in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment