Friday, April 23, 2010

Visit to Pescia Romana...

Today we woke up to the pitter patter of rain...so we broke out the raincoats! It is a first for the 2 little kids to actually have to wear raincoats! Gwen's is rather large, but at least there was no way she was going to get wet! Thanks NJ Grandma! Clayton was beside himself because it was his favorite Lightning McQueen!


So we were off exploring today...afterall what is better on a rainy day in a 2 bedroom hotel room! We went down to the Marina di Pesca first...not a whole lot to see. I think this is where the locals go to the beach. Real low key...just a place to go to the beach. I don't even think one has to pay to get on the beach.

Then we went up to Orbetello...food shopping of course! New grocery stores are all of a sudden my favorite places to go...you never know when you will suddenly find something different and useful. I found all the ingredients for making my brownie recipe...Tobin will be so pleased! Maybe I will surprise him...well, maybe once I have an oven!

On the way back, we stopped in Pescia Romana for some treats at my new favorite bakery (il forno). Here is the fun Piazza in Pescia (again that is said pesha).


Another of the piazza...

My favorite bakery...pane=bread, dolci=desserts, forno=bakery, pizza=pizza ;)




I let the kids pick one cookie when we go...we certainly have to try them all! Then we can know which bakery and treat is the best! A favorite flavor here is apricot...this certainly pleases Tobin and he really can't wait for the real apricots here...so they have apricot filling in all sorts of things, cookies, crossants, etc...



So that was our fun morning in Pescia Romana! Stay tuned...I am working on a second post for today!
Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment