Friday, April 23, 2010

This and that...

I decided to dedicate a post to the little things that have been happening. A little of this and a little of that. First and the most humorous, is that we have no tub...normally not such a problem, but with kids and a shower the size of a phone booth (literally!), where does one wash children? Well, Gwen got a bath in the sink in the bathroom...isn't she cute! At least she was happy and clean in the end...the floor wasn't so clean!


Next, we had to do laundry this week...as you can imagine 5 people generate quite the pile of clothing. At this point we have only found one laundromat...just one and it only has 2 washers and 2 dryers! If you look closely...the cost of one load of laundry to wash is 4 Euros! And that doesn't include the cost of drying the clothes! So we didn't do too much...


I thought you might enjoy a pic of the money here...it is hard to get used to 1 euro and 2 euro coins...I am so used to paper ones! I totally forget to check my pockets for them. The coins are also very heavy...it seems that a handful of 50 cent coins weighs about a pound! It also seems that they really like you to have exact change...it helps to be a foreigner, they are just happy to get enough money from me!


The paper money is very colorful and different sizes. It is kind of fun to look in your wallet and see bills that look kind of like monopoly money!


Another funny thing (or at least I choose to look at it as funny at this point) is the weather. First, remember we are from Montana and when we left we were still using the fireplace and it was snowing. So here, when the sun is out, it is very pleasant. We don't even need a jacket. Well, of course we draw stares as we are not from around here, speak english and we have red hair...but I think they think we are crazy because we don't wear coats. EVERYONE is wearing jackets, and we are not talking spring coats...down vests, sweaters, and I even saw someone wearing a scarf! It is about 65 degrees! This tends to concern me very much! How hot does it get here????? If people are wearing these kind of coats in this weather!!! Yikes!

The other thing is the humidity...today especially in the rain...where is my snorkel?? In our house in MT, when the fire is going, it is about 10% humidity. I don't know what it is around here...but I am certainly not used to it! When you go to bed, the sheets feel wet...the condensation in the frig makes everything wet. Now I am not complaining (at least not yet) just reporting the differences ;)

Well, there you are...all caught up! Now off to have fun adventures this weekend...I actually have things to write about! What fun!
Ciao a tutti!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment