Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Abominable Snowman...

Apparently, I have tramatized my daughter! Silly me for letting the kids watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer...what WAS I thinking? Oh, maybe that I loved it as a kid and it was a fun thing to watch as a family...doesn't look like such an innocent activity (and yes, I take pictures of EVERYTHING)...


Well, apparently, the Abominable Snowman was a bit much for the little Gwenster. We didn't realize this until a few days later...she tells me that she put the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer book into the garbage (no harm, no foul...it was just on top and me, an astute mommy, just plucked it right out) and that she DID NOT like the Snowman. OK! I opened the book to a picture of the offending Snowman, the kid is trembling and yelling 'NO'...I kid you not!

A few days later, she is wandering around the living room chanting 'Snowman not eat me...Snowman not eat me'. And now shrieks at the mere mention of Frosty or snowman. Yes, my daughter is fully terrified of the symbol of happyness of wintertime for children everywhere! Tobin has dubbed this 'albinasquatchiphobia'...

After several days of constantly telling her that the Snowman is not real, he doesn't have any teeth, and now he is a helper snowman (he puts the star on the tree in the movie)...she is slowly not quite as terrified. She likes the snowman on her cup...he is a 'happy, happy snowman', but she still seems to hate poor Frosty (she hasn't seen THAT movie)! But Rudolph is now in...



He 'saved the day' as Gwen says! Christmas will never be the same again! Thank you Gwen for giving us yet another perspective on Christmas and the Abominable Snowman! By the way, she now is telling everyone she wants to be a Yeti for Halloween next year!
Have a wonderful day!
Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment