Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lucca...

As we left Pisa, it was HOT...at least for us. We traveled north to Lucca and into cooler and cloudy weather! As we entered the centro, I spotted the local TI (tourist information and my newest obsession...they give out free maps and really great brochures that tell you all about the area in English) and ran in to find my cool map and brochure (which by the way gave me all sorts of info on a great travel destination). While inside, my most wonderful husband came up with the BEST idea...riding bikes! The centro of Lucca is entirely inside it's intact castle walls which house the BEST paths around the city...cool! So Tobin took Gwen and Clayton in a trailer and Case was pedaling with me on a tandem bike! The kids were SO excited...I think it is the best 11 euros we have spent so far...


After traveling along the walls...we ventured into the town and found this really neat church...



This is a close up of the front...notice that each column is different...



Here is me with Case...He did a great job pedaling his little heart out...now if he just had a little balance!


















The little kids LOVED the ride...notice my map in her hands...can't start teaching them too young! You should have seen the attention we got as we were biking through the town...'Ah Bella!'...there there was alot of pointing and exclaiming that there were 'due'/two kids in the trailer...3 kids is ALOT for Italy!

Lucca has alot of churches...


Here is a pic of one of the streets and Tobin...




















So all in all, this was a HUGE sucess! The next morning all the kids could do was thank us for bike riding! I think this will be something that they actually remember from our trip! It is so much fun when we find something that the kids really enjoy...
But wait, Sunday was still not done...
Ciao a tutti!

1 comment: