Thursday, May 6, 2010

Montalto Market...

As I promised...some pictures from the market this morning. The market vendors travel from town to town and each morning sets up in an open parking lot. The market is on Thursday mornings from 9 to 12 (I think...it may start earlier than that). There is a market on Monday morning in Pescia Romana. Each town has their own market on it's own special day...sometimes it is the same vendors and sometimes you get some new ones.
Here is a shoe vendor (let me know if you see something you like Krystal ;)...

Here is one of the produce vendors...I think that we are kind of on the cusp of getting some great fruits and veggies...Summer feels like it is just around the corner and I get the feeling we will be blown away by their produce...

This is a pretty interesting vendor...the fish shop on wheels!! The cases are even refrigerated and everything...

And this is one of my favorite stops of course...this is where I have been getting my veggie plants...this week I picked up some red and yellow pepper plants...

Well, I hope you enjoyed our trip to the market this week...I was feeling like a real tourist today! I am not sure that the folks here were enjoying my picture taking, but I did it anyway!
Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment