Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On the road again...

This has certainly been a crazy adventure and it hasn't changed much! Ever since we have heard about this job opportunity way back at the World of Concrete in February, it has been an on again, off again kind of deal. It hasn't changed much since we have arrived in Italy. Most days we could take with a grain of salt what was said about when we were leaving. But apparently Kelly and Tobin are too good at what they do, and have gotten the job done earlier than expected or scheduled...so we are headed back to the States.

We are heading back to New Jersey on July 12th to visit for a week and then flying back to Montana on the 20th. I am super glad that Tobin has been a success even here in Italy. He has been able to build relationships, teach people in a different language how to do things that just aren't done here in Italy, and has done this faster than anyone expected. God has been gracious! I am so very thankful for this opportunity, no matter how far fetched it seemed at times. And I am a bit sad to leave earlier than expected, though I recognize that it will be nice to be home again.

Italy, it's people, it's culture, and it's history, now have a special place in my heart. While we are making the last mad dash to get everything done and see every last bit, I am sad to be leaving so soon. I have certainly enjoyed learning a new language (though I am far from fluent and still can't seem to master verb usage at all) and a new way of doing things.

I hope you have enjoyed the ride as much as I have, reading along each of our adventures. Things may be a bit patchy as we do some traveling and packing...but have no fear, I will post all of our fun adventures in due time!

Have a wonderful day!
Ciao a tutti!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, I get to see my Rosie and family this summer! Very Cute Kids in the previous posts, love the pig tails. Thanks again for sharing. WELL DONE TOBIN!!
    ~Jennie

    ReplyDelete