Friday, June 11, 2010

Under the stars...

I have been a bad blogger this week! Sorry! I hope to pick up the pace again! So much to do and say...so little time without kids needing attention!

Venice at night is quite the magical place! We dropped off our bags, grabbed a bite to eat, and then traveled via vaporetto to St. Mark's Square (Piazza di San Marco). Here are some pics of Canale Grande...


The La Salute Church...


Piazza di San Marco at night is probably one of the most romantic spots I have ever been to! The surrounding building are lighted, giving a soft glow to everything...


The cafes that line the piazza are open and have 'dueling' orchestras...each play in succession and people are dancing, standing arm in arm, and overall...just in love! It was a great night, with my beloved...


And a not so great nightime pic of Basilica di San Marco...

I acknowledge that I am terribly spoiled and I am loving every minute of it!
Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment