Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuscania...

On Friday, we (me, the kids, and Grandma) zipped over to Tuscania (it is only about 20 minutes away if you take the direct route...I forgot my stroller in the car and we had to take the long cut to the job site to pickup the necessary item). It was market day! I am really enjoying the open air markets...one in every town...all sorts of different vendors. This one had a great dried fruits, nuts, and candy vendor. I think by the end we had a taste of everything! I also finally managed to find Case a soccer shirt (I have been looking for a while...his birthday will be in the States and I wanted to bring him something from Italy).

Then we strolled around the castle/centro for a bit, window shopping and visiting some great shops. Here is a great fountain...


We utilized the nearby water fountain (these are thankfully everywhere...it does get a bit warm...no wonder they have a siesta)...


Another fountain that Clayton especially liked...


We made it to the park...who wouldn't want such a helpful big brother...


And even managed to have some coffee and gelato at the nearby bar...

Overall, it was a great way to spend a Friday!
Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment